Summary of Position
Responsible for a designated territory and managing all aspects of the independent insurance agent/broker relationship by providing best in class service with an emphasis on meeting or exceeding state, territory and account level business plans.
Responsible for marketing to target areas by executing sales calls to brokers via office visits and phone campaigns to increase production and expand broker base.
Essential Job Requirements
Territory Financial Results
- Meet or exceed expected revenue and profitability goals in assigned territory.
- Use Salesforce software to determine plan vs. actual revenue and profitability.
- Work with broker ensuring they have acceptable loss rations and claims frequencies.
- Manage broker NSF and delinquent accounts.
- Manage audit results.
- Manage quality assurance and discount management from brokers.
- Rehabilitate brokers and increase user acceptance.
- Grow and graduate agents to the next tier.
- Measure, communicate and promote all incentives and promotions.
- Manage out brokers not meeting performance expectations.
Product and System Knowledge
- Demonstrate a complete understanding of Bridger’s insurance products and systems.
- Fully understand Bridger products’ strengths and weaknesses to help in overcoming objections.
- Add value to Bridger’s systems and products with new ideas and b bringing awareness to what competitors provide.
- Demonstrate market awareness by knowing key competitors, their products, their strengths, weaknesses and regulatory issues that may impact production.
- Continually source and recommend for appointment. Aggressively appoint potential brokers who will add to the overall growth and profitability of Bridger.
- Work with field training to on-board new agents and ensure alignment with Bridger’s expected quality and processes.
- Concentrate on getting new brokers production ramping upward as quickly as possible.
- Accurately record calls, visits and other activity.
- Consistently log in to use reports helping route visits and increase production out of the designated territory.
- Maintain current critical agency data as required, validating and update at least quarterly.
- Maintain acceptable levels of agency contacts as compared to with peers, understanding that seasonality and system issues impact all reps and all states equally.
- Work to improve Constant Contact bounce rate to be less than 5% with brokers.
- Meet expectations for job performance and meeting company goals
- Present a professional and helpful appearance
- Perform other duties as may be assigned
- Bilingual Spanish/English
- Experience in insurance industry, specifically dealing with program business and an understanding of the non-standard automobile industry.
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with interacting with all levels of executive and management staff.
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written. Ability to convey ideas and information in a clear, concise and persuasive manner, adjusting presentation to different audiences as necessary.
- Self-motivated with strong selling skills.
- Develops good rapport with brokers and conducts activities in a manner which enhances company reputation.
- Demonstrated organizational skills, flexibility, and ability to prioritize multiple and complex tasks.
- Strong prospecting, presentation and client relationship skills.
- Experienced in independently determining priorities and goals and exercising independent judgment.
- Ability to travel extensively.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or experience equivalent
- 5 years experience in the insurance industry
- 5 years of sales experience
Job Type: Full-time